Raghunathpur Nafar Academy (H.S), situated on the outskirts of Howrah district bordering Hooghly under erst while Bally P.S (now Nischida P.S) is the oldest school in the vicinity spreading the light of education to thousands of people in the locality for nearly 100 years. Formerly the institution was under Hooghly district. In 1932 it came under the jurisdiction of Howrah District. This famous institution was founded in the year 1920 by late Nafar Chandra Dhara, a great entrepreneur cum visionary belonging to the eminent Dhara family of Abhoynagar. Initially, it started its journey as a primary school in a socially, economically and culturally backward area, subsequently it was upgraded to a middle and junior basic school in the year 1944. Later it was upgraded to H.S school in the year 1999. Presently it is a Govt. Sponsored H.S. school recognized by and affilated to the WestBengal Board of Secondary Education and WestBengal Council of Higher Secondary Education. Learning here is a pleasure and the relation between the teachers and the taught is very cordial. Right from the beginning it has left its mark not only in academic field but also in other areas particularly in games and sports, science - seminars etc. At present with 800 pupils, with highly qualified sincere and dedicated teachers including the young dynamic Headmaster and hard-working non-teaching staff, the instituion is a very well known name not only in district but also in the state. Apart from routine academic affairs, different kinds of co-curricular activities are practiced here round the year with due care and importance. Standing at the threshold of centenary, the institution is committed to advancing the light of education to every nook and corner in the locality where darkness of ignorance still prevails unfortunately.